Worried about your science exams in May/June?
Aiming for a level 7 or above in Physics, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE or A/A* in A-Level Biology?
Following the success of last year’s revision webinars and the excellent feedback I received from students, I’ll be running a series of events this year starting in the second week of the Easter holiday.
This year’s revision webinars will be even more feature-packed, tailored and in-depth, covering GCSE physics, biology and chemistry as well as A-level biology topic-by-topic. There will be more focus on exam technique, and access to exclusive revision resources!
If you’re interested, please read on…
Covering GCSE Physics, Biology and Chemistry and AS/A2 Biology topic by topic, and preparing students to excel in their exams in May/June 2019. Suitable for students of all major UK exam boards and specifications.
- After booking tickets & registration (prior to the event): Students will receive a pack of exam style questions to try at home before the event (to be covered during the webinar). Attendees also receive access to a a private attendees-only page on the website. Here they will be able to vote for which topics to be covered by the webinar they find most challenging, and which of the exam style questions they found most difficult. This will allow the teacher to more precisely plan and structure the webinar to meet the needs of students. This private page will also be useful to students after the event (see below).
- First 5 mins of the webinar: Sound check and introduction, overview of what will be covered and outcomes of attendee pre-webinar polls (to determine which ideas, skills and exam questions will be covered in order of votes)
- Next 55 minutes: In-depth teaching to revise the specific webinar topic. Your teacher will use slides, animations and simulations, together with interactive “pop-up” questions and live polling to cover the key ideas and subject knowledge of the webinar topic. Detailed explanations will be given for all “pop-up” questions. Students will be able to post their own questions throughout, and “up-vote” the questions asked by other students (to be addressed by the teacher during the Q&A session). Your teacher will also focus on exam skills relating to the webinar topic; we will review the exam questions students received in their webinar pack to highlight key exam techniques and pitfalls to avoid in such exam questions, and how to maximise marks. Students can continue to ask questions and “up-vote” the questions asked by others (to be addressed by the teacher during the Q&A session).
- 5 minute break.
- Next 55 minutes: Detailed teaching of subject content continues (as described above).
- Option for extension: Students will be able to vote for whether the teacher should continue the webinar for up to an extra 30 mins if they would like the teacher to go on with the subject teaching further.
- 5 minute break.
- Last 30 minutes: In-depth Q&A session where teacher will address the questions posed by students throughout the webinar (in order of votes by whole student audience).
- After the webinar: Full mark schemes for all exam style questions, the interactive webinar recording and whiteboard notes, together with other resources (such as interactive quizzes) will be available within 48 hours of the end of the webinar at the private, attendees only web page. Students can continue to ask questions using the live chat and comments functions on this page so that their teacher can continue to support their revision of the webinar topic all the way up to their final examinations!
- Attendance requires at minimum an internet connected device with a web browser (Google Chrome is recommended), however for the best user experience we recommend downloading and installing the free “Zoom” application on your device.
- Attendees can access the webinar on any desktop/laptop computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection, whether using just an internet browser or by installing the Zoom application on their device. However, for the best possible user experience we recommend students use a desktop or laptop computer with a wired (ethernet) connection, and preferably a broadband internet connection.
- Purchasing a ticket will reserve this time-slot for the student in our virtual classroom. You will receive a confirmation email from us which will contain a registration link.
- The student must register for this session at that link to verify their identity and complete the booking process. Please do this as early as possible; you simply need to click the registration link and fill in some details.
- After registering for the lesson, the student will be automatically sent a final email containing your unique webinar link; at the time and date for the event, simply click your unique webinar link, and you will be taken to the webinar. You will have the option of attending the webinar via your web browser or via the Zoom application.
- If you plan to attend via your web browser, we recommend using Google Chrome.
- For the very best experience possible, we recommend installing the free Zoom application in advance of the webinar on your device, and making sure you have tested your microphone and webcam prior to the event.
- If you have any questions, please contact us on 0800 999 1337 or by email at [email protected]
- Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our student community rules, terms & conditions (see links at foot of this page). We expect our students to behave in an appropriate and civil manner towards others, and have a zero-tolerance approach to inappropriate behaviour on the website or during webinars. Such behaviour or actions will result in an immediate and permanent ban of the offending user(s) without refund.
- Please also ensure that your internet connection, devices and software are working properly prior to the event to ensure that you can access the event. We do not take responsibility for attendees’ software and/or hardware configuration, and accept no liability for attendees being unable to attend due to issues relating to their software and/or hardware configuration.
- Should you wish to cancel your reservation of a seat booked for a specific webinar, please do so giving at least 1 week’s notice for a full refund. In the event that you cancel giving less than 1 week notice, please be advised that your ticket price includes a 30% non-refundable booking fee. Refunds take up to two working weeks to process depending on method of payment, card issuer, etc.